Pass a Cadet Pilot Programme ICAO English Test with a Level 5+ rating
Joining an airline's Cadet Pilot Programme is an ideal way to start a career as a pilot. But being successful in each stage of the selection process is not easy. If you are applying for an airline's Cadet Pilot Programme one of the most important things that you should prepare for is the ICAO English test. English proficiency is very important for safety in aviation, not just the test. Many candidates are surprised to find that they lack the English proficiency to perform well in an ICAO test, despite studying overseas in English speaking countries for many years.
Here is the solution: We recommend that you start improving your English with our experienced Aviation English teachers BEFORE you apply.
Complete 30-100 hours of this course if you want to develop a GENUINE high level of proficiency in a Cadet Pilot Programme ICAO English test
Aviation English Asia Ltd offer the ICAO Aviation English for Cadet Entry Pilots course to help you achieve both success in gaining a cadetship and maintain safety in the air. This course has been taught in Hong Kong since 2009 and has helped a lot of candidates achieve success in gaining a cadetship. There is no other course provider with AEA's experience, credibility and reputation in Asia.
The only complete English course for Cadet Entry Pilots
ICAO Aviation English for Cadet Entry Pilots is suitable for you if you want to apply for an airline's cadet pilot programme and need to improve your English before proceeding with the application. It's more effective, more affordable and more enjoyable than other English courses because it gives you intense practice of key language skills and vocabulary that you need for an aviation career. If you are as passionate about aviation as our teachers you will love this course.
The communication strategies taught by Aviation English Asia are designed to give you intense practice of all the language skills needed for a career as a pilot, not just success in an airline's cadet entry ICAO English test. You will learn unique skills that will give you a massive advantage over other candidates.
Each unit gives you practice of the following ICAO test key skills:
- Pronunciation - advanced techniques to improve your pronunciation
- Vocabulary - develop a wide aviation, technical and general vocabulary and paraphrasing skills
- Structure - improve your grammar with effective drills and activities
- Comprehension - listening and reading comprehension - specific to aviation
- Fluency - organise your thoughts and ideas and express yourself clearly
- Interaction - learn to respond appropriately in routine and non-routine situations
The course will help you improve your grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, comprehension and fluency, with the added advantage of giving you practice of the language needed for your career. This will help you stay motivated and you will enjoy learning English more because you have a clear objective. Aviation English Asia has an objective too - to help you become proficient at ICAO Level 5 and above. After completing the recommended number of course units you will be well prepared for the ICAO test.
Benefits of the ICAO Aviation English for Cadet Entry Pilots course
- You will have better pronunciation - with our unique exercises and drills.
- You will be able to use grammar more accurately.
- You will develop a wider vocabulary.
- You will be able to understand different accents, phrasal verbs, idioms and slang.
- You will be able to clearly report and handle non-routine situations.
- You will be able to give effective presentations about technical subject matter.
- You will be able to write accurate reports about malfunctions and unexpected events.
- You will be able to understand radio transmissions by English speakers with unusual accents
- You will be a safer pilot - with a wide range of vocabulary for unexpected situations.
- You will be able to interact and respond to questions correctly.
- You will be able to paraphrase if other people don't recognise your vocabulary or pronunciation.
- You will reinforce your technical knowledge - if you think you know everything about aviation, you still need to be able to express it clearly.
- You will save money by focusing more on what you need and less on what you don't need (ie boring academic English, IELTS).
- You will meet and learn from other airline pilots.
- You will have better general English even if you are ultimately not successful in an aviation career.
We make it easy for you to improve your English
Learning English with us is easy and enjoyable - no other course provider provides the same level of support as Aviation English Asia.
- Professional Aviation English Teachers familiar with many different types of ICAO English test
- Course fulfils the ICAO language proficiency requirements
- Course content suitable for your experience level
- Access to our online learning community with additional learning materials and resources
- Flexible class times (choice of two weekday afternoons or three evening classes each week)
- Flexible study schedules (30-100 hours taken over 15-90 weeks)
- Flexible options for payment of course fees (pay as you go, every 10 units)
- Classes held in a convenient location in Central or Jordan
- Optional Supplementary Classes for learners who require additional help e.g, ICAO Pronunciation Workshops, Aviation Theory Workshops
Learn from PROFESSIONAL Aviation English Teachers, ATCs & airline pilot instructors
- 100% Qualified Native English Teachers - previously holding senior positions at major language centres and universities
- Teachers are supported by Subject Matter Experts - commercial pilots with major airlines and ATCs - ALSO qualified Native English Teachers
- Teachers are members of the College of Teachers, established under Royal Charter in the UK.
- Teachers are passionate about aviation, and want to see you succeed.
- Course designed by a Cambridge examiner / university lecturer with an MA in Applied Linguistics
- Course has thousands of hours of development time
- On-going support throughout the selection process
The ICAO Aviation English for Cadet Entry Pilots course is proven to be effective
To date 100% of our students who have completed the recommended number of units have passed the ICAO English test and many have continued to success in the management interview and flight grading. Please note that improving your English takes time and although intensive study has been proven to be effective it is unlikely that you will jump complete ICAO levels in just a few weeks. Therefore we recommend that you start improving your English early.
The complete course consists of 400 units in total. Each stage is divided into 10 units. The minimum number of stages is 10 (10 hours). The recommended number of units to go from ICAO level 3 to ICAO level 4 is 200.
|Stage A||Stage B||Stage C||Stage D||Stage E||
until you are ready
for an ICAO test*
|10 units||10 units||10 units||10 units||10 units|
How much does the ICAO Aviation English for Cadet Entry Pilots course cost?
Course fees depend on a number of factors so it is essential to arrange a consultation before starting a course. Typically course fees are at market rate for General and Business English even though our courses require a lot more technical expertise to deliver. Students who also take advantage of additional Weekend Workshops tend to achieve their target level faster.
Find out your level in a FREE CONSULTATION before you enrol on a course
It is very important that you take a course at the right level with specific focus on the areas which you need to improve. During a consultation we will recommend the best study plan for you, taking into account the time available, your needs and your current level.
Retaking an ICAO English test? We will show you EXACTLY what to do to score ICAO level 4 and above
If you have taken the ICAO test before, Aviation English Asia can give you an independent assessment of your current level. This is very important as your English ability might have changed since your assessment.
Serious about an aviation career?
Aviation English Asia deliver the highest quality and best value English courses available in Hong Kong. We are motivated by your success and will support you in your English training needs every step of the way. If you are serious about aviation you need our courses.
For more information please read the Frequently Asked Questions section here
Call us on: +852 8179 9295
or alternatively complete the contact request form to arrange a free consultation.